MOINK Balls (Bacon-Wrapped Meatballs)
Prep 10 minutes Cook 1 1/2 hours Makes Yield: 24 meatballs
- 24 Frozen Italian-style meatballs
- 1 packages of bacon (thick cut)
- 4 tbsp Texas Style Blend
- 1 bottle BBQ sauce for glazing
- Skewers or toothpicks
1) For this barbecue appetizer recipe you can use Kirkland frozen meatballs or make your own. However, the best thing about these finger foods is that they’re cheap, easy to make and chances are you have all the ingredients on hand (assuming you like the frozen foods section at Costco).
2) Cut the slices of bacon in half. If you’re planning on making the entire bag into MOINKs, then I’d keep the bacon in the fridge until you’re ready for it. The bacon is easier to manage that way.
3) Wrap each meatball with a half slice of bacon and secure with a toothpick or skewer several together. I prefer skewers or larger toothpicks because small toothpicks tend to burn before they are done.
4) Prepare your smoker/grill for indirect cooking at 225-275°F. The frozen meatballs will take between 1.5 – 2 hours to cook.
5) Cook the meatballs until done – typically 165°F internal temp (check package). This should also allow the bacon to crisp up nicely. Apply the glaze during the last 10-15 minutes.
6) Warm up the sauce for the glaze and drizzle or dip to coat each MOINK liberally. You can make a quick glaze using a regular barbecue sauce add 1/4 cup of honey and a sprinkle or two of Texas Style blend
7) Enjoy. Next time try it in a MOINK-ball sub!
Note: For a variation try this recipe with any of our great blends!